WICHITA, Kan., Nov. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Spirit AeroSystems, Inc. (NYSE: SPR) today shipped its first leading and trailing edge wing structures for the A320neo program from its Prestwick, Scotland, site. Several hundred Spirit employees celebrated the program milestone along with representatives from Airbus at a ceremony marking the achievement.
"The on-time delivery of Spirit's first shipment in support of the A320neo is only possible because of the partnership we have with our Airbus customer," said Scott McLarty, Spirit vice president for UK operations. "This delivery marks an important milestone, and our team is proud to contribute to the success of this program. We look forward to achieving our A321neo first shipment commitment next year with the same level of success."
Spirit's Prestwick operation supports assembly of leading and trailing edges for Airbus single-aisle wings and variants.On the web: www.spiritaero.com On Twitter: @SpiritAero About Spirit AeroSystems, Inc. Spirit AeroSystems, with headquarters in Wichita, Kan., USA, is one of the world's largest non-OEM designers and manufacturers of aerostructures for commercial aircraft. In addition to its Wichita and Chanute facilities in Kansas, Spirit has locations in Tulsa and McAlester, Okla.; Kinston, N.C.; Nashville, Tenn.; Prestwick, Scotland; Preston, England; Subang, Malaysia; and Saint-Nazaire, France. In the U.S., Spirit's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components. Additionally, Spirit provides aftermarket customer support services, including spare parts, maintenance/repair/overhaul, and fleet support services in North America, Europe and Asia. Spirit Europe produces wing components for a host of customers, including Airbus.
SOURCE Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV