Weekly Unemployment Insurance Claims Drop In La.
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) a¿¿ First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending Nov. 2 dropped from the previous week's total.
The state labor department figures released Friday show the initial claims decreased to 2,309 from the previous week's total of 2,374. For the comparable week a year earlier, there were 2,602 initial claims.
The four-week moving average, which is a less volatile measure of claims, decreased to 2,377 from the previous week's total of 2,414.
Continued unemployment claims for the week ending Nov. 2 decreased to 22,416 compared to 22,705 the previous week.The four-week moving average for such claims decreased to 22,708 from the previous week's average of 23,927.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV