Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 11/12/13, Gabelli Utility Trust (GUT) will trade ex-dividend, for its monthly dividend of $0.05, payable on 11/21/13. As a percentage of GUT's recent stock price of $6.43, this dividend works out to approximately 0.78%, so look for shares of Gabelli Utility Trust to trade 0.78% lower — all else being equal — when GUT shares open for trading on 11/12/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for GUT, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.05 declared by Gabelli Utility Trust:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from GUT is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 9.33% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of GUT shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, GUT's low point in its 52 week range is $6.06 per share, with $7.12 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $6.40.
According to Preferred Stock Channel, there is a series of preferred stock that is senior to GUT, which trades under the symbol GUT.PRA — more info ». In Friday trading, Gabelli Utility Trust shares are currently off about 0.3% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV