DALLAS and FORT WORTH, Texas, Nov. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kroger (NYSE: KR) – the market share leader among traditional grocers in Dallas-Fort Worth–is expanding its presence in one of the largest metropolitan regions in the United States. Over the next 24 months, Kroger will invest $150 million in North Texas to build five new Marketplace stores and to expand three locations, along with opening multiple fuel centers and remodeling existing properties. The growth initiative will create more than 1,700 full- and part-time career opportunities that offer competitive pay, healthcare plans, retirement options, product discounts and other incentives.
"Kroger is a company that is focused on smart, strategic growth and providing a highly-satisfied customer shopping experience. Dallas is a market that continues to attract new residents and retailers because of its economic strength and stability," says Bill Breetz, president of Kroger Southwest. "We've operated here since 1958. In that period, we've grown our footprint to 85 stores and 43 fuel centers. We've successfully reached this point by closely monitoring the unique needs of this market and evolving to meet the requests of our customers."
New Store Locations:
- Kroger Marketplace and Kroger Fuel Center – F.M. 548 and U.S. Highway 80 in Forney, Texas. Store Size: 124,000 square feet. Scheduled Opening: 2014.
- Kroger Marketplace and Kroger Fuel Center – F.M. 407 and McMakin Road in Bartonville, Texas. Store Size: 124,000 square feet. Scheduled Opening: 2015.
- Kroger Marketplace and Kroger Fuel Center – Precinct Line and North Tarrant Parkway in North Richland Hills, Texas. Store Size: 124,000 square feet. Scheduled Opening: 2015.
- Kroger Marketplace and Kroger Fuel Center – Josey Lane and U.S. Highway 121 in Lewisville, Texas. Store Size: 124,000 square feet. Scheduled Opening: 2015.
- Kroger Marketplace and Kroger Fuel Center – F.M. 4 and U.S. Highway 377 in Granbury, Texas. Scheduled Opening: 2015.
- Kroger Signature – 2709 Cross Timbers Road in Flower Mound, Texas. Addition of 22,000 square feet and a new fuel center. Scheduled Completion: 4 th quarter of 2013.
- Kroger Signature – 7505 North MacArthur Boulevard in Irving, Texas. Addition of 37,000 square feet and expansion of an existing fuel center. Scheduled Completion: 2014.
- Kroger Signature – 2935 Ridge Road in Rockwall, Texas. Addition of 17,000 square feet. Scheduled Completion: 2014.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts