ORLANDO, Nov. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Two of Darden Restaurants' senior leaders have been recognized for their achievements in their respective disciplines.
- Gene Lee , President and Chief Operating Officer, was recognized with the People Report Workplace Legacy Award at the Global Best Practices conference on Nov. 6. This award is presented annually to the leader who has clearly demonstrated a commitment to balancing people and performance throughout his or her career in the foodservice industry. Prior to being named Darden Restaurants' President and COO in September 2013, Lee served as President of Darden's Specialty Restaurant Group for six years.
- Daisy Ng , Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, was elected to the National Academy of Human Resources (NAHR) 2013 Class of Fellows at the NAHR gala on Nov. 7. This is considered the most prestigious honor in the human resources field and is awarded to those who have reached the highest level of achievement and management thinking in the human resources profession. Ng has served in her current role with Darden since June 2009 and leads the development of Darden's people strategy as well as building organizational capability and employee culture to further enable Darden's growth.
"Our goal at Darden is to be a place where our employees at all levels of the organization can achieve their personal and professional dreams," said Clarence Otis, Chairman and CEO of Darden. "The achievement and respect earned by Gene and Daisy embody why we place such an emphasis on developing all our employees."
About Darden Restaurants:Darden Restaurants, Inc., (NYSE: DRI), the world's largest full-service restaurant company, owns and operates more than 2,100 restaurants that generate over $8.5 billion in annual sales. Headquartered in Orlando, Fla., and employing more than 200,000 people, Darden is recognized for a culture that rewards caring for and responding to people. In 2013, Darden was named to the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for the third year in a row and is the only full-service restaurant company to ever appear on the list. Our restaurant brands — Red Lobster, Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Seasons 52, The Capital Grille, Eddie V's and Yard House — reflect the rich diversity of those who dine with us. Our brands are built on deep insights into what our guests want. For more information, please visit www.darden.com.
SOURCE Darden Restaurants, Inc.: General
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV