NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Shares of Twitter (TWTR) crept up 0.6% to $45.17 before market open on Friday, just a day after the micro-blogging site's eagerly anticipated initial public offering. Twitter closed at $44.90 during its first day of trading as a public company, a hike of 72.69% on its offering price of $26.
The company's shares started trading at $45.10 on the New York Stock Exchange shortly before 11 a.m. EST on Thursday. At market close, the San Francisco-based firm had a market cap of $24.46 billion.
Groupon (GRPN) shares climbed 2.63% to $9.75 despite posting third-quarter revenue on Thursday that came in below Wall Street's estimate. The company posted sales of $595.1 million, below the consensus forecast of $615.7 million.
Excluding items, Groupon earned 2 cents a share, just above analysts' forecast of a penny a share. The numbers initially sent shares of the daily deals site down more than 5%, before they bounced back in premarket trading on Friday.After market close on Thursday, Groupon also announced a $260 million deal to acquire Ticket Monster, a Korean e-commerce company owned by LivingSocial. Groupon was one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 946,081. Micron (MU)was a more modest pre-market mover, gaining 0.12% to $17.74 on share volume of 528,930. Facebook (FB) shares rose 0.27% to $47.69 in premarket trading on volume of 464,518 shares. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >Contact by Email.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV