Comfort Insurance Looks At Taking Winter Motorhome Trips
DAGENHAM, England, November 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
It may be getting a bit nippy outside but don't let the cold winter months stop you from taking a motorhome holiday. Motorhome owners should not have a problem holidaying over the cooler months of the year as long as the necessary provisions are in place. Comfort Insurance, an award winning motorhome insurance company looks at a few of the most important tips when taking a trip in your campervan or motorhome over the winter months.
Ben Cue, Comfort Insurance's Senior Account Advisor says, "If you aren't ready to pack up for winter, some of the UK's top locations are beautiful during this period and as long as you are prepared, motorhome owners should not have any problems at all."
Before leaving, standard safety checks should be made. Ben explains, "Before heading off, check that your tyres are in good condition and they are the correct tread and are properly inflated. Low tyre pressure and worn treads can increase the danger on wet roads, which is a major issue over the wintery months".Another important issue is to top up your motorhome's fluid. Ben advises to check fluid in all areas including your windshield washer, engine coolant, power steering and engine oil. Ben says, "One more thing to check is your wiper blades and replace them if they are worn, to make sure they are in top tip shape." To avoid any potential safety issues, plan your trip before you leave. Research around the area you would like to visit and see if there are any potential risks, e.g. if the area is prone to flooding or if the roads are a challenge to manoeuvre around. Ben says, "You should check the ground once you arrive, some motorhome owners will advise against parking on grass in winter because of the risk of vehicles sinking and getting stuck - bring slip mats just in case".
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV