EVERETT, Wash., Nov. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The second Boeing (NYSE: BA) 787-9 Dreamliner completed a successful 4-hour, 18-minute first flight today. The airplane, known as ZB002, departed Paine Field in Everett, Wash., at 8:06 a.m. and landed at 12:24 p.m. local time at Seattle's Boeing Field.
As the only 787-9 test airplane to be fitted with elements of the passenger interior, ZB002 will test systems such as the environmental control system in addition to avionics and other aspects of airplane performance. Boeing has conducted a series of ground tests on the second 787-9 since its completion in late September.
With manufacturing of the 787-9 flight-test fleet complete, the first production 787-9 in final assembly and 137 flight-test hours to date, 787-9 development is on track. 787-10 development also is progressing as planned.
First delivery of the 787-9 to launch customer Air New Zealand is set for mid-2014. Twenty-six customers have ordered 396 787-9s, accounting for 40 percent of all 787 orders.Neg. K66003 Contact: Julie O'Donnell787 Development CommunicationsBoeing Commercial Airplanes+1 425-266-2927 email@example.com More information: http://www.newairplane.com/787/787-9/ Photo and caption are available here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com/ SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV