BNSF's strategic technology road map, Railroad 2020, calls for modernizing the underlying technology infrastructure and improving communications across the organization and externally. Office 365 is a natural fit for Railroad 2020 by providing BNSF employees with the familiar Microsoft Office experience. Office 365 is an always up-to-date cloud service that supports today's bring-your-own-device initiatives and offers mobile employees the flexibility they need.
Employees are already benefiting from the new communication and collaboration platform. The cloud allows employees to store folders and files for easy access from virtually any device, and the integrated communications capabilities provides employees with voice mail and message transcripts directly from their inboxes, enabling faster response times from the office or the field. Employees who are not issued PCs, such as train crews and field maintenance workers, are able to access email and storage offerings from shared computers or their own personal devices.
"As a railroad, we have so many systems that we have to write from scratch because you can't always buy an off-the-shelf system to move to trains; we typically have to write rail-unique systems," Olsovsky said. "I'd much rather our team focus on support and development of those mission-critical operational systems rather than on our messaging platform. If we have an expert — like we do in Microsoft — that can ensure highly available messaging and collaboration tools, it just makes it all the better and enables my team to focus on the operational systems."
More information about how organizations are turning to Microsoft technology is available on the Microsoft Customer Spotlight newsroom.Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. SOURCE Microsoft Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV