NEW YORK, Nov. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tripp Levy PLLC, a leading securities and shareholder rights law firm, announces that it is investigating the acquisition of Santarus, Inc. (NASDAQ: SNTS) by Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. (NASDAQ: SLXP). Salix and Santarus announced that the companies have entered into a definitive merger agreement under which Salix will acquire all of the outstanding common stock of Santarus for $32.00 per share in cash.
The investigation concerns whether the board of directors of Santarus breached their fiduciary duties by not engaging in a full and fair process to insure that shareholders obtained the maximum value for their shares. Indeed, Santarus reported financial and operating results for the quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2013. Key financial results include: Total revenues of $98.8 million grew 81% compared with $54.7 million for the third quarter of 2012; and Net income of $30.3 million, or $0.38 diluted earnings per share (EPS), compared with $9.0 million, or $0.13 diluted EPS for the third quarter of 2012. Moreover, certain directors and officers of Santarus, who owned approximately 12 percent of Santarus' total outstanding stock have agreed to tender their shares into the offer and vote against any competing bids to acquire Santarus.
If you are a shareholder of Santarus and would like additional information, at no cost, as to how this acquisition may affect your rights as a shareholder, please contact us at:
Tripp Levy PLLCNew York, New York Toll free: 1-877-772-3975 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.tripplevy.com Tripp Levy PLLC has extensive experience in mergers and takeovers and has assisted in the recovery of millions of dollars for shareholders around the globe. Attorney advertising. Prior results do not indicate a similar outcome.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV