KBR (NYSE: KBR), a global engineering, construction and services company, announced today that it has been awarded a contract by Fertial SpA to conduct a study that will improve safety, reliability and energy efficiency of two Algerian ammonia plants.
The outcomes of the study will also increase the overall ammonia production capacity by 50 percent and be introduced in a phase-by-phase approach for the 1970’s vintage plants. The undisclosed contract value was booked into backlog in KBR’s fourth quarter of 2013.
“I am confident that the commercial potential of our technology revamp assessment will help our customer achieve its objective of a more efficient operation with greater production capacity,” said John Derbyshire, President, KBR Technology. “KBR is focused on building our long-term relationship with Fertial SpA and we are pleased to have been selected to perform the first phase of this revamp project.”
During the first phase of the revamp project, KBR will define the technical scope and pinpoint the commercial requirements prior to licensing its technology.KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, power, industrial, civil infrastructure, minerals, government services and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV