CUPERTINO, Calif., Nov. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DURECT Corporation (Nasdaq: DRRX) today announced that it is offering, subject to market conditions, shares of its common stock in an underwritten public offering. DURECT anticipates using the net proceeds from this offering for general corporate purposes, which may include clinical trials, research and development activities, capital expenditures, selling, general and administrative costs, facilities expansion and to meet working capital needs. All of the shares in the offering are to be sold by DURECT.
Stifel is acting as sole book-running manager for the proposed offering and Janney Montgomery Scott is acting as co-manager.
Felix Theeuwes, our Chairman and Chief Scientific Officer, has indicated an interest in purchasing shares of our common stock with an aggregate purchase price of up to approximately $1 million in this offering at the public offering price.
A shelf registration statement on Form S-3 relating to the public offering of the shares of common stock described above was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and is effective. A preliminary prospectus supplement relating to the offering will be filed with the SEC and will be available on the SEC's web site at www.sec.gov. When available, copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement may also be obtained from Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Incorporated, Attention: Syndicate, One Montgomery Street, Suite 3700, San Francisco, California 94104, or by calling (415) 364-2500.This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy these securities, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or other jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV