Gap Inc. (NYSE:GPS) today reported that October 2013 net sales increased 6 percent versus last year, and October 2013 comparable sales increased 4 percent versus a 4 percent increase last year. For the third quarter of fiscal year 2013, Gap Inc.’s net sales increased 3 percent versus last year, and comparable sales increased 1 percent versus a 6 percent increase last year.
Due to the 53 rd week in fiscal year 2012, comparable sales for October 2013 and the third quarter of fiscal year 2013, respectively, are compared to the four-week and 13-week periods ended November 3, 2012.
"All three of our global brands delivered positive comps for October," said Glenn Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Gap Inc. "Additionally, we are pleased with our guidance of earnings per share growth over last year."
Net sales for the four-week period ended November 2, 2013 were $1.29 billion compared with net sales of $1.22 billion for the four-week period ended October 27, 2012. In addition, net sales for the third quarter, which ended November 2, 2013, were $3.98 billion compared with $3.86 billion for the third quarter last year.October Comparable Sales Results Comparable sales by global brand for October 2013 were as follows:
- Gap Global: positive 5 percent versus positive 3 percent last year
- Banana Republic Global: positive 1 percent versus positive 5 percent last year
- Old Navy Global: positive 2 percent versus positive 5 percent last year
- Gap Global: positive 1 percent versus positive 4 percent last year
- Banana Republic Global: negative 1 percent versus positive 5 percent last year
- Old Navy Global: flat versus positive 9 percent last year
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV