- XenoPort reported favorable preliminary results from two Phase 1 clinical trials and three 13-week toxicology studies of XP23829, a novel fumaric acid ester compound that is a prodrug of monomethyl fumarate (MMF). The first healthy-subject Phase 1 study assessed the pharmacokinetics, safety and tolerability of multiple doses of two different oral formulations of XP23829, as well as the approved dose of TECFIDERA ® (dimethyl fumarate; DMF). The second Phase 1 study examined the metabolism and distribution of radiolabeled XP23829 in healthy subjects. The toxicology studies, each of which included a DMF control arm, were conducted in three different animal species. XP23829 is being developed for the potential treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis and/or psoriasis.
- XenoPort announced the inclusion of gabapentin enacarbil in treatment guidelines published by the International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group and the Willis-Ekbom Disease (WED) Foundation.
XenoPort Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.