Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI), (NASDAQ: UEIC) reported financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2013.
Paul Arling, UEI's Chairman and CEO, stated: “Our record quarterly performance was supported by strength in subscription broadcasting as both domestic and international markets delivered growth. Leveraging our core business, technologies and patents, we have begun recording initial licensing sales from the fast-growing smart devices market. We are beginning to gain traction with the world’s largest mobile device manufacturers, gaming companies and over-the-top service providers to incorporate UEI’s advanced technology into an expanding array of consumer electronics devices. We remain very excited about the opportunities for UEI and our ability to connect and control new and advanced wireless technologies as the industry continues to evolve.”
Adjusted Pro Forma Financial Results for the Three Months Ended September 30: 2013 Compared to 2012
Net sales were $142.4 million, compared to $124.9 million.
- Business Category revenue was $129.7 million, compared to $111.9 million. The Business Category contributed 91.1% of total net sales, compared to 89.6%.
- Consumer Category revenue was $12.7 million, compared to $13.0 million. The Consumer Category contributed 8.9% of total net sales, compared to 10.4%.
- Gross margins were 28.6%, compared to 29.4%.
- Operating expenses were $28.9 million, compared to $25.5 million.
- Operating income was $11.8 million, compared to $11.2 million.
- Net income was $9.7 million, or $0.62 per diluted share, compared to $8.1 million, or $0.54 per diluted share.
- At September 30, 2013, cash and cash equivalents, net of debt, was $44.6 million, compared to $34.4 million at September 30, 2012.
Adjusted Pro Forma Financial Results for the Nine Months Ended September 30: 2013 Compared to 2012
- Net sales were $393.2 million, compared to $345.3 million.
- Gross margins were 28.4%, compared to 28.5%.
- Operating expenses were $83.6 million, compared to $75.9 million.
- Operating income was $28.1 million, compared to $22.7 million.
- Net income was $20.8 million, or $1.35 per diluted share, compared to $17.1 million, or $1.13 per diluted share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV