Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (NASDAQ: CLNE) (Clean Energy or the Company) today announced operating results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2013.
Gallons delivered (defined below) for the third quarter of 2013 totaled 56.4 million gallons, compared to 50.9 million gallons delivered in the same period a year ago. Gallons delivered were up 17% for the third quarter of 2013 when excluding 2.5 million gallons delivered in the third quarter of 2012 by the Company’s Peruvian joint venture, which was sold in March of 2013. For the nine months ended September 30, 2013, gallons delivered totaled 158.9 million gallons, up from 143.2 million gallons for the nine months ended September 30, 2012.
Revenue for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013 was $86.3 million. Revenue for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012 was $91.5 million, which included $17.6 million in construction revenue related to the sale of two large CNG stations to one transit customer. For the nine months ended September 30, 2013, revenue totaled $267.5 million, which is up from $234.9 million a year ago. Additionally, when comparing periods, note that the Company recognized revenue attributable to the volumetric excise tax credit (VETC) of $6.0 million and $38.1 million in the third quarter and first nine months of 2013, but did not recognize any revenue attributable to VETC in the third quarter and first nine months of 2012. The American Taxpayer Relief Act, signed into law on January 2, 2013, reinstated VETC through December 31, 2013 and made it retroactive to January 1, 2012. The Company recognized $20.8 million of VETC revenue in the first quarter of 2013 attributable to 2012 sales of CNG and LNG. Also during the second quarter, the Company sold its subsidiary, BAF Technologies, Inc., and recognized a gain of $15.5 million on the transaction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV