ADVISORY, Nov. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- U.S. equities edged higher during the 5th week of earnings season with the Dow Jones Industrial Average reaching a new all-time high yesterday. The rally was tempered by an ECB rate cut and a Q3 U.S. GDP report showing weak consumer and business spending.
|TOP INDEX MOVERS LAST 5 TRADING DAYS (+/-)|
|EQUITY INDEXES:||10/30 - 11/06|
|NASDAQ EM EUROPE INDEX (NQEMEU)||-2.9%|
|PHLX HOUSING SECTOR INDEX (HGX)||-2.7%|
|NASDAQ EMERGING MARKETS INDEX (NQEM)||-2.4%|
|NASDAQ BIOTECHNOLOGY INDEX (NBI)||-2.4%|
|PHLX DEFENSE SECTOR INDEX (DFX)||+1.7%|
|COMMODITY INDEXES:||10/30 - 11/06|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY SILVER INDEX ER (NQCISIER)||-5.3%|
|PHLX GOLD & SILVER INDEX (XAU)||-5.2%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY BRENT CRUDE INDEX ER (NQCICBER)||-4.1%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY NATURAL GAS INDEX ER (NQCINGER)||-3.6%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY INDUSTRIAL METALS ER (NQCIIMER)||-3.2%|
"Earnings and revenue 'beats' have been outperforming last quarter's and are in-line with the prior four quarters," said Dave Gedeon, Managing Director, NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes. "We are seeing some sector rotation as we head into year-end, but earnings have not been the primary driver as global monetary policy remains the focus."
INDEX MOVES THIS WEEK
- The PHLX Housing Index (HGX) reversed a 5.6% gain last week with a 2.7% loss over the last five days as multiples for homebuilder earnings have contracted. The Index fell below its 50-day moving average on October 31st and has weakened since.
- The NASDAQ Biotechnology Index (NBI) fell 2.4% as it appears investors are taking profits. The Index has had a strong year, up 51% to-date, but investors appear to be de-risking with less than two months to go in the year.
- The NASDAQ EM Europe Index (NQEMEU) fell 2.9% over the past five days as European stocks were weakened by manufacturing data and other metrics that indicated a lack of growth.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACTS: Nick Lawler Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5613 firstname.lastname@example.org Nora Sabry Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5468 email@example.com Wayne Lee NASDAQ OMX (301) 978-4875 Wayne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV