Synovus (NYSE: SNV), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, celebrated 125 years as a banking organization by giving back to the community with its “Little Ways to Make A Big Difference “ event. This project was part of Synovus’ community outreach program called REACH (Recognizing and Encouraging an Atmosphere of Community and of Hope).
During the month of October, Synovus team members partnered with more than 100 community groups and agencies across the company’s five-state footprint. Team members donated hundreds of hours on projects that included running and walking for the American Cancer Society, building Habitat homes, teaching Junior Achievement classes, and landscaping at schools and children’s homes. In addition to the hands-on projects, donations included:
- $6,400 in monetary contributions
- More than 4,600 non-perishable food items for food banks and shelters
- More than 1,750 children’s books
- More than 450 school supply items for after-school programs
- More than 400 pairs of socks to shelters
- 210 pints of blood for the Red Cross
- More than 125 pairs of shoes for Soles 4 Souls Program
- 125 coats for kids
“The success of this month-long outreach illustrates the passion our team members have for serving others,” said Kessel Stelling, Chairman and CEO of Synovus. “They selected projects in their local markets, and did an incredible job of gathering items and donating time to a variety of great causes. Our company has been given so much over the past 125 years, and we believe it is our responsibility to do all we can to give back in a way that strengthens our communities and makes life better for individuals, families, and businesses.”
Synovus is a financial services company based in Columbus, Georgia, with approximately $27 billion in assets. Synovus’ divisions provide commercial and retail banking, investment, and mortgage services to customers through 29 locally branded divisions, 280 offices, and 375 ATMs in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee. See Synovus Bank on the web at www.synovus.com, on twitter @synovusbank, and LinkedIn. Equal Housing Lender.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts