FREEHOLD, N.J., Nov. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UMH Properties, Inc. (NYSE: UMH) announced that on November 6, 2013, it closed on the acquisition of five manufactured home communities for $11,800,000. These five all-age communities contain a total of 519 developed home sites that are situated on approximately 200 total acres. This portfolio consists of four communities located in Ohio and one community located in New York. The average occupancy for these communities is approximately 82%. With this acquisition, UMH owns seventy-four communities consisting of approximately 13,400 developed home sites.
Samuel A. Landy, President, stated, "UMH continues to execute our growth strategy. With this acquisition, we have increased our portfolio by approximately 26% since 2012. These five communities are an excellent fit with our existing portfolio. We believe that these communities will benefit from our sales and rental programs. They will further enhance our substantial presence throughout the Marcellus and Utica shale region."
UMH Properties, Inc., which was organized in 1968, is a public equity REIT that owns and operates seventy-four manufactured home communities containing approximately 13,400 developed home sites. These communities are located in
Michigan. In addition, the Company owns a portfolio of REIT securities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV