- Lock It Up and Roll 'Em Up – Seems like common sense, but an unlocked door or rolled down window gives thieves fast access to everything in the car.
- Look Around – Park in well-lighted areas of the parking lot or street. Look for safety benefits like security cameras or pedestrian activity. Lights, cameras and law-abiding citizens are turn-offs for thieves.
- Hide it First or Take It Along – If it's too awkward or too bulky to keep in your possession, store valuable items in the trunk of the car or out of sight--and do it before you park. Waiting to hide valuables until you've arrived can allow a thief to watch where you stow your stuff.
Nov. 8 Texas' Top Day For Car Break-Ins
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.