WILLIAMSPORT, Md., Nov. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) has named Priscilla Howard, a teacher at Clear Spring Elementary School in Clear Spring, Md., the winner of a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education grant. The grant will assist Ms. Howard with her program, Powerful Pulleys and Design.
"FirstEnergy is proud to award this grant to Ms. Howard to promote science, technology, engineering and mathematics instruction for her students," said James Sears, Jr., president of Maryland operations for FirstEnergy. "Sparking an interest in scientific fields early is a great investment for our company."
Annually, FirstEnergy offers grants up to $500 to individual teachers and administrators at schools served by its electric utility operating companies and in communities where it has facilities.
Potomac Edison serves about 250,000 customers in seven Maryland counties and 132,000 customers in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. Follow Potomac Edison on Twitter @PotomacEdison.FirstEnergy is a diversified energy company dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Its 10 electric distribution companies form one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, serving customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia, Maryland and New York. Its generation subsidiaries currently control more than 18,000 megawatts of capacity from a diversified mix of scrubbed coal, non-emitting nuclear, natural gas, hydro, pumped-storage hydro and other renewables. Follow FirstEnergy on Twitter @FirstEnergyCorp. SOURCE FirstEnergy Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV