MORRISTOWN, N.J., Nov. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) has chosen nine New Jersey teachers to receive Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education grants. The grants, up to $500 each, will be used for a variety of hands-on projects, workshops and teacher development programs throughout the school year.
Grant winners and their schools include:
- Angela Bruder and Christine Weigele, Ravine Drive Elementary School, Matawan
- Melanie Chernoff and Andrew Palmer, West Morris Mendham High School, Mendham
- Denise Magrini, Mountain View Middle School, Mendham.
- Ann Marie McCarthy, Hope Academy Charter School, Asbury Park
- Stefana Pascale, Morris Hills Regional High School, Rockaway
- Shannon Lynn Scott, Green Grove Elementary School, Neptune
- Heidi Zaentz, Monmouth Day Care Center, Red Bank
"FirstEnergy is proud to award these grants to our winning teachers to promote science, technology, engineering and mathematics instruction for their students," said James V. Fakult, president of JCP&L. "Choosing winners was tough again this year because of the outstanding quality of the applications."
FirstEnergy offers grants up to $500 to individual teachers and administrators at schools served by its electric utility operating companies and in communities where it has facilities.Grant recipients are recommended by local educators who make up FirstEnergy's Educational Advisory Council. As part of the program, recipients must furnish a written summary and evaluation of their projects that can be shared with other educators in FirstEnergy's service area. JCP&L is a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. JCP&L serves 1.1 million customers in the counties of Burlington, Essex, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren. Follow JCP&L on Twitter @JCP_L, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/JCPandL, or online at www.jcp-l.com. FirstEnergy is a diversified energy company dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Its 10 electric distribution companies form one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, serving customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia, Maryland and New York. Its generation subsidiaries currently control more than 18,000 megawatts of capacity from a diversified mix of scrubbed coal, non-emitting nuclear, natural gas, hydro, pumped-storage hydro and other renewables. Follow FirstEnergy on Twitter @FirstEnergyCorp. SOURCE FirstEnergy Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV