NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Cloud is the computing story of this decade.
Excitement over cloud keeps moving back and forth between technologies that improve it to services and software built on it.
Both sides keep pushing one another forward. New possibilities are not only seized by the services, but new requirements are imposed. The requirements drive the creation of new solutions, which, in turn, create new possibilities.The new possibility being created today goes by the name "hybrid cloud." The idea was you would have public clouds, at dirt-cheap prices, connected to private clouds where you kept the corporate jewels. But hybrid cloud hasn't worked out the way its sponsors, including IBM (IBM) and Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), hoped it would. Instead, customers want the prices they get from Amazon.com (AMZN), along with more reliability, flexibility, capacity, and just plain more. The result is a new type of cloud company, the Cloud Services Broker, or CSB. Through software, infrastructure, consulting and arbitrage, a CSB promises customers the best pricing for all their cloud computing needs. Think of CSBs as a cloud sales channel, like the ones that grew up in the wake of the PC 30 years ago. Stores grew into superstores, or Value Added Resellers, or distributors, depending on what customers they were targeting and what those customers needed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV