Barbarian At The Gate: HSN (HSNI)
- HSNI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.4 million.
- HSNI has traded 170,692 shares today.
- HSNI traded in a range 242.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.42.
- HSNI traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 75 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 75 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HSNI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HSNI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HSNI: HSN, Inc., an interactive multi-channel retailer, provides retail experiences through various platforms, including television, online, mobile, catalogs, and retail and outlet stores. It markets and sells a range of third party and private label merchandise primarily in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. HSNI has a PE ratio of 20.3. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate HSN a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for HSN has been 286,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. HSN has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.65 and a short float of 4.2% with 3.83 days to cover. Shares are down 2.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HSN as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HSN INC has improved earnings per share by 29.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HSN INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.37 versus $2.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.10 versus $2.37).
- HSNI's revenue growth trails the industry average of 17.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, HSN INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 38.00% is the gross profit margin for HSN INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of HSNI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HSNI's net profit margin of 5.32% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full HSN Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV