Watch Out: Barbarians At The Gate For Men's Wearhouse (MW)
- MW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $74.6 million.
- MW has traded 1.8 million shares today.
- MW traded in a range 283.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $4.09.
- MW traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 15 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 15 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MW: The Men's Wearhouse, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty apparel retailer in the United States and Canada. It provides suits, suit separates, sport coats, slacks, sportswear, outerwear, dress shirts, shoes, and accessories for men, as well as offers tuxedo rentals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. MW has a PE ratio of 18.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Men's Wearhouse a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Men's Wearhouse has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Men's Wearhouse has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.96 and a short float of 6.9% with 2.12 days to cover. Shares are up 37.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Men's Wearhouse as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MW's share price has surged by 29.00% over the past year, reflecting the market's general trend, despite their weak earnings growth during the last quarter. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MW should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for MENS WEARHOUSE INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.12%. Regardless of MW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.63% trails the industry average.
- MW, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 19.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, MENS WEARHOUSE INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Men's Wearhouse Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.