- Footwear can make or break a hiking experience. Low cut shoes like adidas Terrex Fast X Mid GTX Outdoor Training Shoes are a lightweight option for shorter trips. Mid- to high-cut footwear offers additional ankle support for longer trips and for hikes with irregular terrain.
- Proper hydration is critical regardless of distance. Hydration packs allow hikers to carry plenty of water with ease. This The North Face Torrent Hydration Pack holds 8L of water in a backpack reservoir that is lightweight with additional space to carry any other hiking essentials.
- Know the weather forecast and plan for changes by bringing layers of clothing or wearing apparel that can transition easily. The adidas MT Hike Zip Off Pant is made of lightweight moisture management fabric and is built with a zipper in each pant leg to easily convert into shorts as temperatures rise.
- Avoid getting stranded with the DeLorme inReach SE Satellite Communicator, which can track GPS coordinates, allow for text communication regardless of cellular service and can even trigger an SOS signal.
- Should one get separated from a group The Pocket Survival Pak™ contains a collection of survival tools hikers can easily carry to keep safe and warm.
Sport Chalet Lists Top Five Hiking Gear Essentials And U.S. Trail Destinations
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts