NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- What industries should investors investigate going into the end of 2013 and into 2014? TheStreet's Stephanie Link, co-portfolio manager of Action Alerts PLUS, has a few suggestions.
Although the Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate (SAAR) of 15.2 million vehicles is more than double the seven million units seen in 2009, she suggested it has more to go on the upside.
Another industry that should continue to perform well is aerospace. Link said demand has been growing at a steady 4.5% annual rate, while Airbus and Boeing (BA) have logged 7.5 years worth of production in its backlog.Her top pick in the sector is Precision Castparts (PCP).
Finally, the trucking cycle has been strong with 300,000 annualized orders, which is much higher than expected, according to Link. Cummins (CMI) and Eaton (ETN) are her top truck stocks and are both AAP holdings. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV