The vast majority of college football fans seem to agree with the expression, “college is the best time of your life,” as 56 percent would go back and relive one day of college according to the Discover Fan Loyalty Poll.
The remainder has put their college days behind them, at 40 percent, and 3 percent weren’t willing to choose either way. Pac-12 fans want to relive a day of college most, at 61 percent, followed by Big 12 fans at 60 percent and Big Ten fans at 58 percent.
Women miss college a little more than men, with 60 percent of women wanting to go back compared to 54 percent of men. The extra-fresh college memories may be a factor in the 76 percent of 18-29 year olds who would go back for a day, followed by 60 percent of 30-39 year olds.
When it comes to school spirit, most college football fans don’t resort to body art, face painting or possible thievery to show school spirit. The vast majority, 79 percent, have never done any of these things. However, 17 percent of fans have gone to the extreme by:
- Getting a tattoo related to your team, 3 percent
- Painting body parts, 3 percent
- Coloring your hair, 3 percent
- Stolen the rival team’s mascot, 1 percent
- You have done more than one of these, 4 percent
- You’ve done much crazier, c’mon!, 3 percent
- Oregon, 15 percent
- Florida State, 12 percent
- Ohio State, 7 percent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV