The vast majority of college football fans seem to agree with the expression, “college is the best time of your life,” as 56 percent would go back and relive one day of college according to the Discover Fan Loyalty Poll.
The remainder has put their college days behind them, at 40 percent, and 3 percent weren’t willing to choose either way. Pac-12 fans want to relive a day of college most, at 61 percent, followed by Big 12 fans at 60 percent and Big Ten fans at 58 percent.
Women miss college a little more than men, with 60 percent of women wanting to go back compared to 54 percent of men. The extra-fresh college memories may be a factor in the 76 percent of 18-29 year olds who would go back for a day, followed by 60 percent of 30-39 year olds.
When it comes to school spirit, most college football fans don’t resort to body art, face painting or possible thievery to show school spirit. The vast majority, 79 percent, have never done any of these things. However, 17 percent of fans have gone to the extreme by:
- Getting a tattoo related to your team, 3 percent
- Painting body parts, 3 percent
- Coloring your hair, 3 percent
- Stolen the rival team’s mascot, 1 percent
- You have done more than one of these, 4 percent
- You’ve done much crazier, c’mon!, 3 percent
- Oregon, 15 percent
- Florida State, 12 percent
- Ohio State, 7 percent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV