Water-Logged And Getting Wetter Stock Of The Day: Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI)
- SNI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $45.2 million.
- SNI has traded 75,310 shares today.
- SNI traded in a range 301.7% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.31.
- SNI traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 27 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 27 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SNI: Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. develops lifestyle-oriented content for television and the Internet markets in the United States and internationally. It delivers entertaining and useful content that focuses on specifically defined topics of interest for audiences and advertisers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. SNI has a PE ratio of 17.5. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Scripps Networks Interactive a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Scripps Networks Interactive has been 715,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Scripps Networks Interactive has a market cap of $8.9 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 3.4% with 4.57 days to cover. Shares are up 38.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Scripps Networks Interactive as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.76, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.52, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, SCRIPPS NETWORKS INTERACTIVE's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 32.57% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SNI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Media industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 12.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $142.36 million to $159.73 million.
- You can view the full Scripps Networks Interactive Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts