Piper Jaffray (NYSE: PJC) is pleased to announce the hiring of Josh Schimmer, MD as a managing director and senior research analyst based in the firm’s New York office. Schimmer will be focused on small- and mid-cap biotechnology companies with specific emphasis in core therapeutic areas, commercialization and strategic partnerships.
Schimmer brings more than 10 years of experience to Piper Jaffray. He joined the firm from Lazard Capital Markets, and was previously at Cowen & Co., Leerink Swann, Deutsche Banc and Davidson Kempner. Schimmer holds a doctorate of medicine from the University of Toronto and a Master of Business Administration degree from Harvard Business School.
"Piper Jaffray has a strong team of healthcare professionals and we are excited to be adding another research specialist in biotechnology with Josh's hire," commented Steph Wissink, co-director of equity research for Piper Jaffray. "With increased emphasis on core growth areas of biotech, we see opportunities to serve the needs of our clients and build upon our market-leading healthcare platform."
Piper Jaffray has a total of 30 senior research analysts located in Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco and Chicago. The firm provides coverage on approximately 575 companies in the following key sectors: business & financial services; clean technology & industrial growth; consumer; healthcare; and technology, media & telecommunications.About Piper JaffrayPiper Jaffray is a leading investment bank and asset management firm serving clients in the U.S. and internationally. Proven advisory teams combine deep industry, product and sector expertise with ready access to capital. Founded in 1895, the firm is headquartered in Minneapolis and has offices across the United States and in London and Zurich. www.piperjaffray.com Since 1895. Member NYSE and SIPC.© 2013 Piper Jaffray & Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV