New Lifetime High Today: EnerSys (ENS)
- ENS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.8 million.
- ENS has traded 956,709 shares today.
- ENS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ENS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ENS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ENS: EnerSys manufactures, markets, and distributes industrial batteries in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. ENS has a PE ratio of 20.0. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate EnerSys a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for EnerSys has been 253,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. EnerSys has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.73 and a short float of 5.4% with 6.59 days to cover. Shares are up 75.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EnerSys as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ENS's share price has jumped by 92.43%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ENS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- ENS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, ENS has a quick ratio of 1.60, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $34.39 million or 42.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.88%.
- You can view the full EnerSys Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.