New Lifetime High Reached By Alliance Data Systems Corporation (ADS)
- ADS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $111.7 million.
- ADS has traded 654,621 shares today.
- ADS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ADS: Alliance Data Systems Corporation provides marketing and loyalty solutions primarily in North America. The company operates in three segments: LoyaltyOne, Epsilon, and Private Label Services and Credit. ADS has a PE ratio of 32.7. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Alliance Data Systems Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Alliance Data Systems Corporation has been 374,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alliance Data Systems has a market cap of $11.7 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 19.2% with 18.30 days to cover. Shares are up 65.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alliance Data Systems Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 22.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ALLIANCE DATA SYSTEMS CORP has improved earnings per share by 9.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALLIANCE DATA SYSTEMS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.60 versus $5.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.96 versus $6.60).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the IT Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 11.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $119.55 million to $132.90 million.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 65.71% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the IT Services industry and the overall market, ALLIANCE DATA SYSTEMS CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Alliance Data Systems Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts