- Residential real estate revenue increased $1.0 million due to an increase in the number of residential lots sold in the Company’s primary home communities.
- Resorts, leisure and leasing operations revenue increased $4.2 million. $2.1 million of that increase is related to specific sales of operating properties. The remaining $2.1 million increase is due to higher average room rates, a greater number of homes in the Company’s vacation rental business, and the continuing positive impact of commercial leases.
- The volume of timber delivered was lower due to unusually high amounts of rain over the summer months. Forestry revenue decreased $1.9 million primarily due to a decrease in the tons of timber delivered offset by higher prices per ton.
- Commercial real estate and rural land sales revenue were minimal in the three months ending September 30, 2013, as compared to a total of $22.5 million in the third quarter of 2012.
The St. Joe Company Reports Third Quarter 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.