- Women: In our third year, we continue our journey to economically empower 5 million women entrepreneurs across our value chain by 2020 through our 5by20™ program. Specifically, this includes the small businesses that work with the Company in more than 200 countries around the world. This initiative aims to help women entrepreneurs, from fruit farmers to artisans, overcome the barriers they face to succeed in business. By the end of 2012, 5by20 programs had enabled 300,000 women in 22 countries—more than double the number of participants reached by the end of 2011.
- Water: We are partnering around the world to meet our 2020 water use reduction and replenishment goals. This work has improved our water efficiency by 21.4 percent since 2004 and supported an estimated replenishment of approximately 52 percent of the water we used in our finished beverage products through 2012. We also recently announced progress in our partnership with DEKA R&D and other partners to deliver 500 million liters of safe drinking water to communities in 20 countries through Slingshot™ water purification units and EKOCENTER™ kiosks by the end of 2015.
- Well-being: In advancing one of our global commitments to help address obesity, we offer more than 800 low- and no-calorie options worldwide—nearly 25 percent of our global portfolio. In 2012, we introduced more than 500 new products globally, including portion-controlled options for regular calorie products, and more than 100 new low- or no-calorie options. Since 2000, our average number of calories per serving has decreased by 9 percent globally. In 2012, we supported more than 290 active healthy living programs in 118 countries.
Coca-Cola Releases 2012-2013 Global Sustainability Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts