Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:ALNY), a leading RNAi therapeutics company, announced today that it will present new pre-clinical data from its ALN-AT3, ALN-CC5, and ALN-TMP programs at the 55 th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology (ASH) being held December 7 – 10, 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Posters from Alnylam scientists at the meeting include:
- a poster titled “An RNAi-Therapeutic Targeting Tmprss6, in Conjunction With Oral Chelator Therapy, Ameliorates Anemia and Additively Diminishes Secondary Iron Overload In a Mouse Model Of β-Thalassemia Intermedia” in the Thalassemia and Globin Gene Regulation Poster I session being held on Saturday, December 7 from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. CST (6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. EST);
- a poster titled “Development of RNAi Therapeutics Targeting the Complement Pathway” in the Bone Marrow Failure Poster II session being held on Sunday, December 8 from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. CST (7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. EST);
- a poster titled “A Subcutaneously Administered RNAi Therapeutic Targeting Tmprss6 For The Treatment Of β-Thalassemia” in the Thalassemia and Globin Gene Regulation Poster II session being held on Sunday, December 8 from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. CST (7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. EST); and,
- a poster titled “Expanded Therapeutic Index Of Antithrombin Silencing and Correction Of APTT In a Hemophilia A Mouse Model” in the Disorders of Coagulation or Fibrinolysis Poster III session being held on Monday, December 9 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. CST (7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. ET).
About RNA Interference (RNAi)
RNAi (RNA interference) is a revolution in biology, representing a breakthrough in understanding how genes are turned on and off in cells, and a completely new approach to drug discovery and development. Its discovery has been heralded as “a major scientific breakthrough that happens once every decade or so,” and represents one of the most promising and rapidly advancing frontiers in biology and drug discovery today which was awarded the 2006 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine. RNAi is a natural process of gene silencing that occurs in organisms ranging from plants to mammals. By harnessing the natural biological process of RNAi occurring in our cells, the creation of a major new class of medicines, known as RNAi therapeutics, is on the horizon. Small interfering RNA (siRNA), the molecules that mediate RNAi and comprise Alnylam’s RNAi therapeutic platform, target the cause of diseases by potently silencing specific mRNAs, thereby preventing disease-causing proteins from being made. RNAi therapeutics have the potential to treat disease and help patients in a fundamentally new way.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV