Federal agencies increasingly lack the space and the budget to store federal records, according to a new study from the Government Business Council (GBC) and Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM). These findings, along with ideas for addressing them, will be the subject of a webinar today; interested parties can register for free here.
Titled Protecting the Past and Creating a Path for the Future: Challenges Facing Federal Records Management, the webinar will review a study that asked 300 federal executives from more than 30 agencies to assess their records practices.
Chief among the findings is that 77 percent of agencies surveyed said they use paper as their primary storage method for records. And more than half (59 percent) believe they keep those records beyond required retention periods, despite the top cited challenges of inadequate storage space and budgets. The findings also reveal agencies could benefit from additional training on what constitutes a record and when it’s okay to destroy it.
|WHAT:||Attendees will learn:|
|-- Common gaps in records management practices that drive up costs and constrict storage space;|
|-- Recommendations on modernizing records management programs and closing those gaps;|
|-- Best practices to help reduce reliance on paper and accelerate the transition to digital records|
|WHEN:||Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013, at 2 p.m. EST|
CLICK HERE TO REGISTERAbout Government Business Council Government Business Council Industry Insights, a division of the Government Business Council (GBC) and Government Executive Media Group, is dedicated to advancing the business of government through analysis and insight. GBC Industry Insights partners with industry to share best practices with top government decision-makers, understanding the deep value inherent in industry’s experience engaging and supporting federal agencies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV