ArcelorMittal (MT) Moving On Heavy Volume In The Pre-Market Hours
- MT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $86.8 million.
- MT traded 644,795 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:50 AM, representing 12.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MT: ArcelorMittal, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated steel and mining company worldwide. The company operates through six segments: Flat Carbon Americas; Flat Carbon Europe; Long Carbon Americas and Europe; Asia, Africa, and CIS; Distribution Solutions; and Mining. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate ArcelorMittal a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for ArcelorMittal has been 5.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ArcelorMittal has a market cap of $25.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 7.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ArcelorMittal as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 176.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1,016.00 million to -$780.00 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, ARCELORMITTAL SA's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ARCELORMITTAL SA is currently extremely low, coming in at 8.11%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -3.86% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- ARCELORMITTAL SA has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ARCELORMITTAL SA swung to a loss, reporting -$2.38 versus $0.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.54 versus -$2.38).
- MT, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full ArcelorMittal Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.