TCP Capital Corp. (“we,” “us,” “our,” “TCPC” or the “Company”), a business development company (“BDC”) (NASDAQ:TCPC), today announced its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013 and filed its Form 10-Q with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Net investment income for the quarter ended September 30, 2013 was $10.6 million, or $0.40 per share on a diluted basis, after preferred dividends and net of $0.10 per share in incentive compensation on net investment income.
- Net increase in net assets resulting from operations for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 was $12.9 million, or $0.48 per share.
- Net Asset Value per share at September 30, 2013 increased to $15.06 per share from $14.94 at June 30, 2013.
- Total acquisitions during the quarter ended September 30, 2013 were $183.7 million and total acquisitions net of total dispositions were $128.2 million.
- November 7, 2013, our board of directors declared a fourth quarter regular dividend of $0.36 per share and a special dividend of $0.05 per share. Both dividends are payable on December 31, 2013 to shareholders of record as of December 10, 2013.
- On September 26, 2013, we priced a follow-on offering of 4,370,000 shares of our common stock at $15.76 per share, which closed on October 1, 2013.
- On September 10, 2013, we expanded our revolving credit facility with Deutsche Bank from $50 million to $100 million and increased the accordion feature that now allows for expansion of the facility up to $200 million.
- On September 19, 2013, we extended the maturity date on our Wells Fargo led facility from July 31, 2014 to July 31, 2016. Borrowings under this facility will continue to accrue interest at a rate of LIBOR plus 0.44% through July 31, 2014 and at a rate of LIBOR plus 2.50% after July 31, 2014.
“We are very pleased with our third quarter results,” said TCP Capital Corp.’s Chairman and CEO, Howard Levkowitz. “Our strong earnings enabled us to issue a special dividend and to increase our NAV to $15.06 per share from $14.94 per share. We deployed a record $184 million this quarter into 17 investments. We continue to see a robust pipeline of deal flow across a variety of industries. As we continue to grow our portfolio, we will take a highly selective approach to choosing investments with a focus on delivering strong risk adjusted returns to our shareholders.”