- The FAA's new recommendations regarding onboard PED use apply only to domestic flights flown by US Airways mainline aircraft.
- Phone calls are not permitted once the main cabin door is closed or before a flight attendant makes an announcement upon arrival.
- Customers should adhere to all crewmember safety instructions and refrain from using PEDs during pre-flight safety announcements.
- During takeoff and landing, customers are now permitted to secure items lighter than two pounds by holding them (with the option of securing them in seatback pockets). PEDs heavier than two pounds must be secured for taxi, takeoff and landing in an overhead bin or underneath the seat in front of them.
- PEDs must be operated in "airplane mode" or with cellular services disabled.
- In-flight Wi-Fi is available on most aircraft once it reaches an altitude of 10,000 feet and an onboard announcement has been made.
US Airways Customers Can Now Use Personal Electronics During All Phases Of Flight
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.