Microchip Technology Inc. (NASDAQ: MCHP), a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions, today announced the availability of its MPLAB® Code Configurator. This new code development tool accelerates application development using 8-bit PIC ® microcontrollers (MCUs). Additionally, this tool enables developers to enhance the design experience with custom application development.
The MPLAB Code Configurator is a user-friendly plug-in tool for the MPLAB® X Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that generates drivers for controlling and driving the peripherals inside PIC microcontrollers, based on the settings and selections made in its user interface. A key feature of this tool is that it produces the peripheral starter code, which is easy to migrate between similar peripherals and products. The generated driver functions can be used in many different application programs, providing a very powerful and extremely easy-to-use development platform.
The configurator tool simplifies development efforts, accelerating time to market for customers designing with 8-bit PIC microcontrollers. Additionally, the tool offers many new and powerful features that provide customers with flexible code creation options to efficiently solve application development obstacles—all at a minimal cost. Designers looking to get to market quickly can benefit from this easy-to-use code development solution, which is better able to meet their ever-shorter product design schedules and decreasing budgets. With such a broad feature set and flexibility, this tool makes for an excellent general-purpose code development tool.
“The MPLAB Code Configurator is a flexible development tool with powerful programming capabilities for developers using our 8-bit PIC MCUs,” said Steve Drehobl, vice president of Microchip’s MCU8 Division. “This tool provides a development platform that removes design obstacles and minimizes development costs, resulting in highly efficient development and faster time to market.”The MPLAB Code Configurator is available today, via a free download from http://www.microchip.com/get/DWAV. Resources High-res Photo Available Through Flickr or Editorial Contact (feel free to publish):
- MPLAB Code Configurator Photo: http://www.microchip.com/get/B4UU
- RSS Feed for Microchip Product News: http://www.microchip.com/get/SJ3T
- Twitter: http://www.microchip.com/get/3QA5
- Facebook: http://www.microchip.com/get/K0UT
- YouTube: http://www.microchip.com/get/3D37
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV