Heavy Trading On Hospitality Properties (HPT) Before Market Open
- HPT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.1 million.
- HPT traded 92,031 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:46 AM, representing 11% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HPT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HPT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HPT: Hospitality Properties Trust, a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in buying, owning, and leasing hotels. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.4%. HPT has a PE ratio of 36.3. Currently there are no analysts that rate Hospitality Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hospitality Properties has been 718,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.36 and a short float of 3% with 4.42 days to cover. Shares are up 27.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hospitality Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 27.07% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HPT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $126.70 million or 6.11% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HOSPITALITY PROPERTIES TRUST has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -81.13%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 20.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $37.69 million to $45.35 million.
- You can view the full Hospitality Properties Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.