Three Stocks We Did Not Profile Reported Monday.
Sysco (SYY) ($33.66) beat EPS estimates by 8 cents earning 56 cents premarket on Monday. The buy rated distributor of food and food related products traded up to $34.74 then came back down to $33.30 on Wednesday and closed above its 200-day SMA at $33.49. My weekly value level is $32.76 with a monthly risky level at $34.74, which was tested at the reaction high.
TravelCenters (TA) ($9.63) beat EPS estimates by 12 cents earning 56 cents a share premarket on Monday. The buy rated national chain of service centers that operate along the interstate highway system and caters to truckers has been downgraded to hold on strength to $10.24 on Tuesday. This is the stock that I wrote about a few times saying that it was a proxy for the extremely overvalued transportation sector as it traded down to $7.35 back on Aug. 27. The stock is now above its 200-day SMA at $9.22 so the reversion to the mean works in both directions. My weekly value level is $7.85 with a semiannual pivot at $9.32 and quarterly risky level at $10.24, which was tested at the high. This is a clear example of how my buy-and-trade strategy works.
Vulcan Materials (VMC) ($56.18) beat EPS estimates by 7 cents earning 32 cents a share premarket on Monday. The sell rated producer of construction aggregates traded up to $60.14 on Monday then fell to a low of $55.87 on Wednesday. My semiannual value level is $47.42 with a weekly pivot at $56.92 and quarterly and annual risky levels at $66.86 and $66.89.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV