Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK) today reported fiscal 2013 fourth quarter sales of $1,715.7 million, up 3 percent from $1,664.0 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012. Organic sales growth was also 3 percent. Fiscal 2013 fourth quarter sales were up 6 percent compared to the third quarter of fiscal 2013.
Fiscal 2013 fourth quarter Adjusted EPS was $1.62, up 14 percent compared to Adjusted EPS of $1.42 in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012. Total segment operating earnings were $357.8 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013, up from $303.4 million in the same period last year. Total segment operating margin increased to 20.9 percent from 18.2 percent a year ago, primarily due to higher sales, mix, strong productivity and the favorable resolution of certain legal matters.
On a GAAP basis, fiscal 2013 fourth quarter net income was $215.3 million or $1.53 per share, compared to $195.2 million or $1.38 per share in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012. Pre-tax margin increased to 16.3 percent from 15.3 percent in the same period last year.
Full Fiscal Year 2013Sales were $6,351.9 million in fiscal 2013, up 1.5 percent compared to $6,259.4 million in fiscal 2012. Organic sales increased 1.7 percent. Fiscal 2013 Adjusted EPS was $5.71, up 8 percent compared to Adjusted EPS of $5.29 in fiscal 2012. Total segment operating earnings increased 6 percent to $1,236.8 million in fiscal 2013 compared to $1,163.9 million in fiscal 2012. Total segment operating margin increased to 19.5 percent from 18.6 percent a year ago, primarily due to higher sales and strong productivity. On a GAAP basis, income from continuing operations was $756.3 million or $5.36 per share in fiscal 2013, compared to $737.0 million or $5.13 per share in fiscal 2012. Pre-tax margin was 15.4 percent in both years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV