NYSE Euronext (NYX) today announced trading volumes for its global derivatives and cash equities exchanges for October 2013 1. Global derivatives average daily volume (“ADV”) of 6.5 million contracts, excluding Bclear in October 2013 increased 1.3% compared to October 2012, but decreased 1.3% from September 2013. U.S. equity options volumes in October 2013 decreased 2.9% compared to October 2012, but increased 7.7% sequentially. ADV in U.S. cash equities declined 4.8% year-over-year and decreased 3.5% month-over-month. European cash equities ADV in October 2013 increased 8.1% compared to October 2012 and increased 3.0% from September 2013 levels.
- NYSE Euronext global derivatives ADV in October 2013 of 6.5 million contracts, excluding Bclear increased 1.3% from October 2012, but decreased 1.3% from September 2013 levels.
- NYSE Euronext European derivatives products ADV in October 2013 of 2.5 million contracts, excluding Bclear, increased 9.2% compared to October 2012, but decreased 11.3% from September 2013 levels. Including Bclear, NYSE Liffe’s trade administration and clearing service for OTC products, European derivatives ADV decreased 7.5% compared to October 2012 and decreased 8.2% from September 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. equity options (NYSE Arca and NYSE Amex Options) ADV of 3.9 million contracts in October 2013 decreased 2.9% compared to October 2012 levels, but increased 7.7% from September 2013 levels. NYSE Euronext’s U.S. options exchanges accounted for 25.0% of total U.S. consolidated equity options trading in October 2013, down from 28.5% in October 2012 and down from 25.5% in September 2013.
- NYSE Liffe U.S. ADV of approximately 30,000 contracts decreased from 43,700 contracts in October 2012 and decreased from 73,700 contracts in September 2013.
- NYSE Euronext European cash products ADV of 1.4 million transactions in October 2013 increased 8.1% compared to October 2012 and increased 3.0% compared to September 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. cash products (NYSE, NYSE Arca and NYSE MKT) handled ADV of 1.5 billion shares in October 2013 decreased 4.8% compared to October 2012 and decreased 3.5% compared to September 2013. NYSE Euronext’s Tape A matched market share in October 2013 was 29.4%, down from 30.6% in October 2012 and down from 31.3% in September 2013.
Please click here for the Monthly Transaction Activity Data Table.
About NYSE EuronextNYSE Euronext (NYX) is a leading global operator of financial markets and provider of innovative trading technologies. The company's exchanges in Europe and the United States trade equities, futures, options, fixed-income and exchange-traded products. With approximately 8,000 listed issues (excluding European Structured Products), NYSE Euronext's equities markets - the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE Euronext, NYSE MKT, NYSE Alternext and NYSE Arca - represent one-third of the world’s equities trading, the most liquidity of any global exchange group. NYSE Euronext also operates NYSE Liffe, one of the leading European derivatives businesses and the world's second-largest derivatives business by value of trading. The company offers comprehensive commercial technology, connectivity and market data products and services through NYSE Technologies. For more information, please visit: http://www.nyx.com. Please follow us at: Exchanges Blog Facebook LinkedIn Twitter CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS This written communication contains “forward-looking statements” made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by words such as “may,” “hope,” “will,” “should,” “expect,” “plan,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “potential,” “continue,” “could,” “future” or the negative of those terms or other words of similar meaning. You should carefully read forward-looking statements, including statements that contain these words, because they discuss our future expectations or state other “forward-looking” information. Forward-looking statements are subject to numerous assumptions, risks and uncertainties which change over time. ICE Group, ICE and NYSE Euronext caution readers that any forward-looking statement is not a guarantee of future performance and that actual results could differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV