First-quarter revenue is expected between $6.3 billion and $6.9 billion, while earnings should be in the range of $1.10 and $1.20 a share. Analysts surveyed by Yahoo! Finance were looking for $1.29 a share on $6.99 billion.
For the fourth quarter, the San Diego-based company recorded earnings $1.05 a share on revenue 33% higher than a year ago of $6.48 billion. Though earnings were short 3 cents, revenue beat by $130 million due in part to increasing smartphone use in China.
"I am very pleased with our record financial performance this year as we delivered revenues of $25 billion, up 30% versus last year. Our technologies underpin the global growth of wireless data, and our semiconductor solutions are used across the industry's flagship smartphones," said CEO Dr. Paul E. Jacobs in a statement.TheStreet Ratings team rates Qualcomm Inc as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate Qualcomm Inc (QCOM) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: QCOM Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV