Atmos Energy Corporation (NYSE: ATO) said today that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly dividend increase on the company’s common stock to 37 cents per share. The indicated annual dividend is $1.48, which represents a 5.7 percent increase over the Fiscal 2013 annual dividend of $1.40. This is the 26 th consecutive year that the company has increased its dividend.
“We are pleased with the continued contribution and stability of our regulated earnings, cash flows and capital structure,” said Kim Cocklin, president and chief executive officer of Atmos Energy Corporation. “These factors, combined with the company’s strong regulated operating performance, have positioned us to increase the dividend at a rate that is more closely aligned with earnings per share growth,” Cocklin concluded.
The dividend will be paid on December 9, 2013, to shareholders of record on November 25, 2013. This is the company’s 120 th consecutive quarterly dividend.
Atmos Energy Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, is one of the
country's largest natural-gas-only distributors, serving over three
million natural gas distribution customers in over 1,400 communities in
eight states from the Blue Ridge Mountains in the East to the Rocky
Mountains in the West. Atmos Energy also manages company-owned natural
gas pipeline and storage assets, including one of the largest intrastate
natural gas pipeline systems in Texas and provides natural gas marketing
and procurement services to industrial, commercial and municipal
customers primarily in the Midwest and Southeast. For more information,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV