Lee Enterprises, Incorporated (NYSE:LEE) announced today that newspaper media operations in Arizona, Indiana, Iowa, New York, Missouri and Pennsylvania have been selected as 2013 Enterprise of the Year Finalists.
Mary Junck, chairman, president and chief executive officer, said seven finalists for the company's highest honor were selected from among more than 50 divisions in 22 states representing print and digital daily newspapers, regional agricultural publications and nationwide digital services.
“In honoring these finalists,” she said, “We also applaud tremendous performance all across our company in serving advertisers, readers and our communities, as well as in delivering impressive results on a multitude of key business measures.”
The seven 2013 Enterprise of the Year Finalists are:
- Arizona Daily Star in Tucson, also an Enterprises of the Year Finalist in 2012, as well as winner of 2013 Lee President’s Awards for news and innovation. Lee owns the Arizona Daily Star, and its business operations are owned jointly with Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI). The web address is azstarnet.com. The publisher is John Humenik.
- The Sentinel in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. The Sentinel’s web address is cumberlink.com. The publisher is Mark Heintzelman.
- The Post-Star in Glens Falls, New York, also a winner of a 2013 Lee President’s Award for news and Lee’s 2007 Enterprise of the Year. The Post-Star’s web address is poststar.com. The publisher is Rick Emanuel.
- Times Media Company of Northwest Indiana, based in Munster, also the 2010 Enterprise of the Year and a finalist in 2012. The Times’ web address is nwitimes.com. The publisher is Chris White.
- Sioux City Journal in Sioux City, Iowa, also a 2007 Enterprise of the Year Finalist. The Sioux City Journal’s web address is siouxcityjournal.com. The publisher is Ron Peterson.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch , the 2012 Enterprise of the Year and a finalist in 2010, as well as winner of 2013 Lee President Awards for news and innovation. The web address for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch is stltoday.com. The publisher is Ray Farris.
- Courier Communications in Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa, also a 2011 Enterprise of the Year Finalist and a 2013 Lee President’s Award for Spirit. The web address for The Courier is wcfcourier.com. The publisher is David Braton.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts