Concho Resources Inc. (NYSE: CXO) (“Concho” or the “Company”) today announced a new three-year growth plan intended to double production by 2016. In addition, the Company provided details on its 2014 capital budget and guidance and reported financial and operating results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2013. Highlights include:
- Accelerated growth plan that is expected to deliver annual production of over 67 million barrels of oil equivalent (“MMBoe”) in 2016 and reduce the Company’s leverage ratio (debt-to-EBITDAX) to less than 1.5x
- 2014 capital budget of $2.3 billion and expected production growth of 18% to 22%
- Production from continuing operations of 8.7 million barrels of oil equivalent (“MMBoe”) for the third quarter of 2013, a 19% increase over the third quarter of 2012 and a 5% increase over the second quarter of 2013
- Net income of $30.4 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2013, as compared to net income of $6.0 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2012
- Adjusted net income 1 (non-GAAP) of $111.1 million, or $1.06 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2013, as compared to $99.9 million, or $0.96 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2012
- EBITDAX 2 (non-GAAP) of $456.4 million for the third quarter of 2013, as compared to $387.2 million for the third quarter of 2012
1 Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) is comparable to securities analyst estimates. For an explanation of how the Company calculates and uses adjusted net income (non-GAAP) and a reconciliation of net income (GAAP) to adjusted net income (non-GAAP), please see "Supplemental Non-GAAP Financial Measures" below.
2 For an explanation of how the Company calculates and uses EBITDAX (non-GAAP) and a reconciliation of net income (GAAP) to EBITDAX (non-GAAP), please see "Supplemental Non-GAAP Financial Measures" below.
Three-Year Accelerated Growth PlanConcho is launching an accelerated growth plan intended to double production by 2016 and strategically position the Company as the leading operator in the Permian Basin. By accelerating activity across multiple horizons in the Permian, the Company believes that it can deliver annualized organic production growth of 25% over the next three years, which is in excess of its historical average, while increasing crude oil mix and reducing leverage ratios.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV