CHICAGO, Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The second annual HomeFinder.com Agent Makeover Sweepstakes , held in Chicago from September 18-20, 2013, provided five winning real estate agents with the tools to succeed in the current real estate landscape of low inventory and rising home prices. An evolving real estate environment means real estate agents need to keep their selling and marketing tactics current, and the 2013 winners spent two days immersed in digital marketing, technology, branding and social media training; business and personal goal coaching; and personal styling sessions and salon consultations.
Since 2012's inaugural Agent Makeover Sweepstakes, more than 25,000 real estate agents entered for their chance to win. 2013's five winning real estate agents include:
- Michael Downing (RE/MAX, Hays, Kansas): "This next generation consists of our future customers and they are so entwined with social media," says Downing. "To be successful in the future, social media will drive business and agents need to embrace it."
- Josephine Ligato (Berkshire Hathaway Home Services - New England Properties, Avon, Connecticut) "If I'm not current on social media and new technology and able to incorporate it my business, clients might wonder if I'm able to keep up with the rest of the business," says Ligato. "Clients are looking for a service and they want their needs met."
- Jim Mackenzie (Blue Diamond Realtors, Ellettsville, Indiana): "I can't wait to call my website developer, tell them what my website needs, and what I want, says Mackenzie. "Before I didn't know what to tell them to do, and now I can go back to them as the expert and have them implement these SEO changes."
- Antonio Sanchez (EXIT Realty, Bronx, New York): "I am going to do exactly what business coach Mike Lindstrom has taught us, including writing down my goals for my business, family, health, etc. so these goals become tangible and I have a visual to see every day," says Sanchez.
- Penny Hansen (Century 21, Affiliated, Beloit, Wisconsin): "Having been in the business for 25 years, listing and selling is second nature. Now I need to introduce social media components to connect with clients, says Hansen."
"The five winners communicated their thirst for social media, technology and digital marketing education," said Doug Breaker, president and CEO, HomeFinder.com. "An additional benefit of the HomeFinder.com Agent Makeover Sweepstakes is our ability to educate all of the real estate agents in our space, via online video tutorials of the expert advice the winners received in Chicago."The one-on-one expert training sessions included:
- Doug Breaker ( CEO of HomeFinder.com) walked winners through how to change their real estate business with SEO, and the major role Google plays in real estate.
- Mike Lindstrom ( business coach, real estate consultant) consulted each winner on the importance of goal setting and putting those goals in writing.
- Marki Lemons-Ryhal ( social media expert) consulted with each winner on lead generation through social media and discussed the value of inbound marketing.
- Kelly White ( real estate veteran) advised on makeover and reinvention, and how to adopt a makeover mentality for your everyday life.
- Mark Tepper ( senior vice president, sales & marketing, HomeFinder.com) demonstrated the importance of digital marketing though using tools like Single Property Websites and zip code based advertising.
- Imraan Ali ( CEO of NuOffer) spoke to how cutting processes and achieving a work-life balance led to the creation of his new company.
- Kalen Raynor ( 2012 HomeFinder.com Agent Makeover winner) kicked off the business and style makeovers with a breakfast presentation on how her business and personal life has improved over the past year.
- Mister 312 and Zazu pampered the winners with shaves, facials and haircuts for the men, and hair color, cut and makeup consultations for the women. The winners worked with personal stylists at a major department store to select their professional, head-to-toe outfit. outfit.