SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today announced that Andrew Baer has joined the company as senior vice president, global communications and media industry. In this role, Baer will be responsible for bringing the power of Salesforce to companies in the communications and media industry.
In his previous role as CIO for Comcast Cable, Baer transformed the company's IT strategy across all of its corporate systems, including call center, customer self-service, field workforce management, ordering and provisioning, billing, and data centers. He is credited for significant advancements in employee and customer management initiatives at Comcast and implementing cutting-edge solutions to support growth of the Comcast Cable business.
Comments on the news:
- " Andy Baer has an exceptional track record for delivering breakthrough solutions for the most complex challenges," said Keith Block, president and vice chairman, salesforce.com. "His leadership in the communications and media industry will accelerate our customers' growth, innovation and success."
- "Every company is looking for better ways to harness the power of social and mobile cloud technologies to transform their business and go faster," Baer said. "I'm thrilled to join salesforce.com and lead a new era of innovation and growth for companies in the communications and media industry."
- A 30-year veteran of the IT sector, Baer has extensive experience in the communications and media industry.
- He served as senior vice president and chief information officer for Comcast Cable from 2006 through 2012.
- Prior to joining Comcast, Andrew served as vice president of Business Platform Services for AOL.
- Baer also served as chief information officer for Verestar, vice president of Customer Care Systems for Verizon, and as a vice president in the Telecommunications Business Unit at American Management Systems.
- Baer holds an MBA from Cornell University Johnson School of Management and a B.S. in Finance and Economics from the University of Maryland Smith School of Business. He is a member of the Advisory Board for the Smith School.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts